Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"One man with courage is a Majority." Thomas Jefferson


           A huge topic I would like to talk about is something called courage.   It is something I rarely see and yet I have felt so inspired to express.  The courage to do something that essentially is a risk isn’t found everyday.  You don’t know the outcome and cannot control it once you let go.  I myself am not a risk taker.  I always thought it was easier that way. Was always very controlled but felt like I myself was missing something. It got me thinking about what my mom always would say “how’s that working for ya?”  After awhile my body and soul started to reject the idea of me controlling every aspect of my life.  It was coming from deep inside and I think someone in particular had an influence in that. Someone I know does things to excite her.  She has all these different colors of her soul and shows them.  Just by being around her people seem to have more courage.  She loves hard she plays hard and she works hard.  If things do not work out she deals with it and then moves on to the next thing with the same amount of enthusiasm.  It is rare.  It is beautiful.  It is something I have been working on showing myself.  She isn’t afraid of the outcome because she’s made it through so much already.  I believe that is the definition of courage. 

           People are so scared to believe in something that isn’t guaranteed.  I get it I mean who’s to say your relationships, your career, your faith and beliefs, will actually work out?  The odds are tough in this world.  Things get complicated and we forget how important courage is. But really think about it.  This country was founded on courage.  Standing up for who you are and what you believe in and standing up for what is right.  Even if you feel as though you are standing alone.  At least you stand for something!  Where would we be if everyone just went with the flow?  Didn’t let the colors of their soul make this world a little brighter?  

People are scared to be rejected.  I mean it’s not a good feeling. But it is a way of life.   Rejection doesn’t mean to cower and not try.  If I listened to all the people telling me I cant do something I have no idea where I would be lol but I have a feeling it wouldn’t be amazing. 

          Bottom line is this.  Have the courage everyday to be who you are, feel what you feel, love who you love, and express to those what’s really in your heart.  Only you can really know what’s in there.  You have a choice to bottle it up and let the one get away or take a chance.  You have opportunities everyday to do the right thing.  To stand up for what you really believe in and to make this world more colorful.  The choice my dear is yours.  I cannot force you to have courage but I do know for a fact the world will be a little duller without it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment